Bleeding at 7 weeks+

Hi, i am 7 weeks pregnant and had bleeding experience. Went to urgent o&g at kkh, did the scan and can see the foetus and heartbeat and the dr say the cervix is close. Dr prescribe dygesterone to make the pregnancy stable. Anybody experience the same thing and is your pregnancy stable and did the bleeding stop?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! Had bleeding at 6 weeks and was given progesterone shots and duphaston to help stabilize pregnancy. You can expect bleeding to subside within a couple of days. As for me, the bleeding stopped but there's brown spotting up to now that I'm 11 weeks. I've been in close monitoring, having scans every two weeks. My gynae said the baby is fine and nothing to worry about. Take care!

Read more
3y ago

Yes, it was a lot that's why we panicked and went to a&e to have it checked. Good thing everything was fine. I also had cramping that's why my gynae gave me jabs to lessen the contractions. He also advised me to rest for a couple of days. I know it's very challenging esp for you that you are taking care of a toddler. Maybe you can ask for help temporarily until you are feeling better. Take care mummy!!! We can do this!

same have bleeding at week 5 and on and off. you must see wat type of bleeding is it brown or bright red. i was also prescribe with the same medicine it did help but when there was brown bleeding. doc ask me to increase dose to 2 tablets 3 times a day. more bed rest will help too

3y ago

Ooh okaay. Mine is bright red but no clots luckily.