Anybody travelled/flew during 1st trimester and something happened?

I have a work trip coming up in a couple of months and I calculate I will be week 12-13 by then. I read most posts that most ladies shared that it is safe but to confirm with gynae. Just wondering if there are any mommies who had BAD experiences while travelling at 12-13 weeks? Want to hear negative experiences to be more realistic

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I traveled to KL for work during week 9 and was fine. I did my own research on the nearest medical facility to my hotel and also tried to space out my meetings to take time to rest. A colleague of mine traveled for Brunei for work before w12 (can’t remember exact week) and had bleeding half way. It was very stressful for her. She went to hospital there and in the end cut short her trip. I think the added stress is it’s a foreign and more unfamiliar country, people may not speak English everywhere. So I think the destination and your comfort level with that place matter. Also, just be prepared of what u will do if something happens :)

Read more
3w ago

Haha yes the machine can be a telltale sign if someone has sharp eyes 😂 I’d just dash to toilet right before so let everyone go in first. Although I’ve read online that the machine isn’t really harmful, so up to your comfort level. I could avoid it so I did

I went for 2 weeks roadtrip in hokkaido w husband. was just fatigue from some of the travel but caught up on sleep during the drive. and just take careful note to eat proper cooked food. standby your snacks and nausea medicine because i tend to feel more nausea when I start to feel hungry I only vomited once when Changing flights because I smelt the plane fuel. so if no trigger it was ok.

Read more

I was travelling around for holidays during my first and second trimester before my boy was born. As I have nausea during first trimester, I always bring snacks/ sweets /packet milk/Milo with me on the plane, long car rides to help with my nausea. it's manageable! but make sure to have enough sleep at night, so it won't be so tiring.

Read more

Traveled to Korea and apart from the nausea, the backache from the flight was killing me. Not to mention the fatigue that comes from walking as well. Technically safe but you have to be mindful of what you're eating during overseas too. Do take plenty of rest and hydrate yourself, bring some snacks with you too. Safe flight! ❤️

Read more
3w ago

oh no the backache. I can imagine sitting in that uncomfortable position for hrs

I went to bkk got 2d1n biz trip. Was feeling nausea but manageable. Went back to hotel to rest and quickly get work done and flew back home

I was travelling to 9 countries in my first 3 months and everything was fine

No issues as long as you are not having a high risk pregnancy