Hi, I have a question. I will always expressed my BM and store all in a fridge. I was wondering if i go out w my baby,do i bring few packet from e fridge store in a cooler bag? Where do i heat e milk up? OR Do i have to give formula when im Out cause mu baby dun latch. I can pump milk and use within 4-6hrs room temp but if one time i put out 3packet all i have to use within 4-6hrs and my baby drinks every 3hrly afraid that e expressed milk Will be wasted. Quite confused. Pls advice me Thank you

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Bring freshly expressed breastmilk for the next feed then whichever amount of bottles u need in a cooler bag. I also bring hot water in a thermal flask and an empty bowl/cup. The 1st feed, use the freshly expressed milk. The subsequent feed warm the milk in the bowl or cup. You can mix the hot water with tap water outside to warm the milk as it's not good to use too hot water to warm milk.

Read more
8y ago

Hi, Thanks for the reply. FReshly expressed breastmilk i got It 4-6hrs can consumed. The bottles one from e fridge transfer to cooler bag put with ices then when is baby milk time warm it up with warm water right?