Hi, I have a question. I will always expressed my BM and store all in a fridge. I was wondering if i go out w my baby,do i bring few packet from e fridge store in a cooler bag? Where do i heat e milk up? OR Do i have to give formula when im Out cause mu baby dun latch. I can pump milk and use within 4-6hrs room temp but if one time i put out 3packet all i have to use within 4-6hrs and my baby drinks every 3hrly afraid that e expressed milk Will be wasted. Quite confused. Pls advice me Thank you

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I’m a fully EP mama too. Usually I’d pre-pack the amount my bubba drinks into the milk bottle x (the no. of feeds she’s gonna take outdoors) and keep them in a cooler bag - using packit. Packit needs extra ice pack of you’re out for more than 2-3 hrs for a cooler milk. For heating, bring out a flask with hot water and warm the milk up by putting bottle in a container/mug with hot water. Usually if you’re at a mall, you can get hot water refills at the nursing room! Pumping wise, I’ll do my scheduled pump and store my milk in the same cooler bag - I usually store them in bottles cause I don’t wanna waste too many storage bags.

Read more