I have pretty fast deliveries for my first 2 babies. Labor time for no.1 and no.2 are 3 hours and 20mins respectively when I arrived in the hospital. What would be your advise for my 3rd labor? I am very worried I will be giving birth on my way to the hospital.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Birth show is not a sign of labour until you feel your surges/contraction which is the movement of your uterine muscles that is responsible in opening your cervix. Labour do not accompany with pain so don't look out for pain but pressure or tightening sensation. When your surges are five minutes apart which is from the start of the first to the start of the next surge, prepare to go to the hospital. You have two previous birth experience and just trust yourself that you know what to do and when to head to the hospital when your baby decides to come. Stay calm and relax. Enjoy your upcoming birth. All the best.

Read more
VIP Member

There is no advice as every single pregnancy and labour is different. If you are worried and rather sure that your labour will be a quick one, check yourself into hospital as soon as the first signs of labour begin. Then again, you should call your gynae before heading down to hospital. You will be given advice on whether you should wait it out, or head to the hospital straight.

Read more

My labor sign is very hard to identify. For both babies, after i had "red show" i immediately rush to hospital already. But I don't feel any contractions pain at all until I reached hospital. It was a really scary experience for my no.2 as baby came out before gynae able to reach delivery room.

Every labor is different. I don't think there is any advise. I suggest for you to heed the usual and watch carefully. Take this pregnancy on its own and don't compare it with your previous.

Can you give me advice to give birth as quick as you? I will delivery soon in next Feb

thanks