I have a premature baby and he weighs only 2kgs. what do I do besides breastfeeding so that he puts on weight?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi malavika, You can start taking "treptin" biscuits- easily available in every apollo medicine store (4 biscuits after every breast feeding )egg whites (6 per day). This were some of the practical ways to increase milk productivity in moms.as I am.also.blessed with premature baby and.these really helped me to gain weight for my baby also. "Similac advance stage 1" is the iron fortified formula I.e. suggestible to babies.Please go for iron fortified if not -suppose if your milk is not sufficient for baby, if you feed her non iron fortified formula then their lips will turn black and complexion will change. But thAt's not the case with similac advance. Just go for.Similac advance along with natural diet tips.to be followed by you. You will certainly observe weight change in baby with in 1-2 months. Please give it a try

Read more

My best friend's baby was born prematurely and her doctor prescribed a special kind of formula to supplement breastmilk intake. The sweet baby is healthy and has put on so much weight since then. Perhaps you can ask your doctor to recommend such a formula?