I have a newborn - want to be able to pay for her till uni. How much must I save every month?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can take a look at this article and use the tables to help you plan your finances (the figures in the tables for cost of the universities are outdated so you will need to put in the updated figures when calculating): http://www.moneysense.gov.sg/Financial-Planning/Guides-and-Articles/It-Pays-To-Plan-Ahead-For-Your-Children-Education.aspx The article also provides a brief description of different financial products you can consider. Hope this helps! :)

Read more

Wow!!! Great mummy! U are already planning to save $$. You may wish to invest in those investment linked policy where you can get higher returns with insurance coverage. I bought these plans for all my 4 kids. Minimum I'm setting aside about $300 a month but I think it may not be enough.

Read more
VIP Member

You can consider getting those saving investment plans! Some of them have the years bonding. So you can calculate the number of years. by the time the plan is matured. The money can be used for her university fees