I have lots of grey hair and want to use henna/mehendi to cover them. But my friends are asking me to use colour as everyone uses colour these days. What would be a better choice?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think henna is the best option which is not only safe and quick, but also without any harmful side effects. In India, most of us use henna for protecting our hair from sun and dust. It can make your hair strong and nourish it from roots for a silky and shiny hair. Applying henna pack twice a month makes hair glossy, healthy and voluminous. It repairs the damaged hair strands and restores the acid-alkaline balance of the scalp. It is an amazing conditioner for hair that protects the hair strands by building a protective layer and locking the nutrients and moisture. It is the best and safest way to color your hair that has no ammonia, chemicals, and toxins. Henna can be used to treat dandruff and scalp infections effectively. Here is a nice article on what mistakes we do when coloring hair with henna - http://hennablogspot.com/common-mistakes-and-tips-henna-for-hair/

Read more

you will surely get a lot of conflicting opinions here :) henna can be really good for some hair types. you can use the natural henna that does not contain any chemicals, you can use it without damaging your hair, the colour will be fine and you can also add some natural ingredients such as amla, coffee powder and such to it, to prevent greys. however, henna may eventually wear out and make your hair brownish or orange-ish, depending on your natural hair colour and texture. alternatively, you can use hair colours that are ammonia free, but trust me that they too will definitely damage your hair, no matter what anyone says

Read more

i have seen a lot of new types of henna in the market these days that claim to make your hair extra black and extra dark. the truth is that these hennas are mixed with a dye that is again a chemical. so, i would say that if you are going for henna, go for the traditional organic desi mehendi that is supposed to be good for the hair. alternatively, you can get a lot of colour options with hair colours, but ammonia free or not, they will definitely damage your hair

Read more

Hi there! Henna is a good option as it is herbal and it doesn't damage hair. Buy a good brand of henna. If you want to condition your hair you have to keep the pack for one hour and then wash it. For colouring at least 3 hours. But in winter it's a bit difficult to keep the wet mixture on hair for so long as you might catch a cold.

Read more

hey Henna is a real bad option for you hair. Very difficult to remove and can make hair dry and weak from the roots. Pls take advice before going ahead with the product. use ammonia free color. That will be better. No chemical and no worry of damage :)

VIP Member

why don't consider bubble color?