I have a helper but noticed that her working attitude is really jialat. How do SAHM with few toddlers cope without a helper at home? How do you manage the busy schedule alone?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

With regard to maintaining the cleanliness of the house, try having a cleaning schedule for the family (great guide here: http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/2014/02/18/create-cleaning-schedule-works/). Create one that fits your family (get your husband and children involved with helping with the household chores too!), would doing a bit every day work or spending some time over the weekend for chores be more suitable? Divide (the chores) and conquer! Having the schedule will get the chores out of the way and one less thing to think about. Prioitize the tasks that needs to be done regularly and those can afford to wait. This will help give you more time everyday to attend to your children. For meals, you can consider cooking, order tingkat services, or getting husband to do takeaways. For cooking, you can prepare meals in advance (on weekends for example) and freeze them such that you only need to reheat the food during weekdays. Mainly, I think it would take some planning and once you get things onto some sort of a routine, it will be easier.

Read more

You can consider enrolling your kids in a childcare centre. If not you just have to struggle through and doing minimal housework like mopping the floor, laundry and ironing. Get a part-time cleaner to do the washing of toilets, cleaning window grills, cleaning fans etc. Have to really lower your expectations of a tidy house with kids around. If possible please get help from your parents or parents in law over the weekends to keep your sanity.

Read more

It can be challenging at times but once you get the hang of it, it will be easier. If I need to cook or do household chores, I will let both my boys go into the play yard to play together or I will put young one for nap and older one will watch the tv for awhile while I do my stuff up quick. There are times where things totally cannot do done and there are times where I have nothing to do after finishing up all the chores.

Read more

I can't manage without helper. Why don't u change helper...