Only yolk sac visible in week 7 (according to lmp)

Hi all, I have just had my first dr appointment today. Only the yolk sac is visible based on the ultrasound with no sign of the fetus or fetus heartbeat detected. The dr said it might still be early weeks in the pregnancy and to come back two weeks later. Has anyone had similar experiences and is it a red flag for possible miscarriage :(

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mom to be, have faith. Im having the same situation as u. According to my LMP my fetus shud be in its 7 weeks n thru the first scan 2 days ago the dr only see a small dot with no heartbeat detected n according to its size of a 5 weeks fetus. Dr yet to commit that the fetus too but he said I have same of the pregnancy symptoms as my womb is showing same development to show ready for pregnancy womb. Dr said it cud be early pregnancy n will have to come see him in a week time. Let’s pray dear for each other lil miracle 🙏🏻

Read more
3y ago

Thanks for the encouragement!! Hopefully everything will turn out fine for both of us 🙏🙏 I’ll be seeing the dr in two weeks time.. feels like a super long wait 😢