I have bm stored in normal chilled fridge & I would like to try freezing them. Can I confirm if the milk is less than 3 days I can freeze them? And my fridge is those with bottom freezer, does the 3 month rule still applies? It is advised to put at the "back of the freezer" does it mean I just put the milk bags further in?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, you can store bm in freezer up to 6-12 months even after you place them in fridge (without freezing) for 3 days. Yes, you need to put the breastmilk storage bags further in the freezer if you tend to open the freezer quite often so to maintain the temperature of the milk (18-20 degree celcius). If you have chest/upright freezer, it will be not problem if you didn't put the bags at the back of freezer.

Read more
Post reply image

According to this article, you can give the refrigerated milk a "sniff test" just to make sure it has not gone bad before transferring it into the freezer. Generally, it should be fine. http://www.thebump.com/a/can-i-freeze-refrigerated-breast-milk

thanks for your reply. I don't have milk bags. can I freeze them in storage bottles?

8y ago

yes, provided ur storage bottles is allow to put for freezing.. cause nt all bottles is suitable to put in freezer