Exercise for pregnancy

Hi i have bloatedness and slower digestion recently, coupled with constipation. I believe part of the reason is due to lack of exercising. Ever since i got pregnant, i hardly exercise. I tried to go for walks but after work im so tired and want to lie down and rest. Before pregnancy i was not very active, only going for 2.4km runs on sat morning or occasional weekdays. Gynae has advised no intense exercise for time being (17 weeks gestation). Im afraid that im being too unhealthy for baby and me as i often lie down and fall asleep after dinner. My stomach seems more flabby than pregnant looking now.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Please listen to your gynae and don’t do intense exercises. Indigestion and fatigue is normal in pregnancy. Don’t be too hard on yourself! You can take indigestion meds (ask your gynae for recommendation) and change your diet to improve the GI symptoms. Stretching might help too.

Please listen to your gynae and don’t do intense exercises. Indigestion and fatigue is normal in pregnancy. Don’t be too hard on yourself! You can take indigestion meds (ask your gynae for recommendation) and change your diet to improve the GI symptoms. Stretching might help too.

Hi I engaged my PT for pre and postnatal as I had GD. He offers a complimentary trial as well. Let him know your concerns. You can check out his website. he has helped other mummies too. https://www.charleskfitness.com/

Read more

Me too! Just walk for awhile everyday . Don’t do intensive exercises. I also fall asleep after eating not just dinner lol. But I think it’s ok

pregnancy hormones messes with the digestive system, it’s normal. diet too, so eat more fiber and drink more water.

Try to go for short walks whenever you can