Give birth before due date w/o exercise

Anyone gave birth to their firstborn naturally before their due date without doing anything special or exercising ? 😅 Im currently gg to 37w and scared if i dont walk enough or go up down stairs it will make my pregnancy overdue and my labour longer As i just started HL(no medical reason, gynae just gave to rest from work) mostly will be resting at home, so i wont be walking much. So am a little worried. #FTM

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I really don’t want to scare you but I didn’t exercise! I went in for induction at 38+1 because amniotic fluid was slightly lower than ideal. Gynae thought baby’s position was good and size was good so she called for induction. But during labour my cervix couldn’t open fast enough. I was perpetually stuck at 4cm. In the end I had to go for emergency c sect because bb’s heartbeat was showing signs of distress. I’m not sure if this was caused by not exercising. But my gynae did warn that not exercising may cause long labour.

Read more

my first borne I did not exercise. I gained 20kg. lol.. she was over due 4 days. came out 3.9kg. but hor, talking about exercise, I've never once exercise during my pregnancy leh. lol.. now carrying no.6 due on dec. most of the time I'm home. only go out once a week. now seems to gained faster. only 24 weeks alr 10kg.

Read more

FTM, didn’t exercise (I don’t exercise even prepregnancy) at all but baby was overdue. Had to induce due to low amniotic fluid, total process till labour was 6 hours. But I think it differs on individual, my sis don’t exercise as well, she gave birth a day before EDD however her labour was almost a day long.

Read more

This depends on individual body/pregnancy but i would say for first pregnancy most mummies labour will take longer. So exercising can help to loosen and ease the labour. But not to worry so much, baby will eventually come out when your body is ready :)

VIP Member

I’m exactly 38wks. Been feeling really heavy down there, like something is waiting to slip. But forced myself to go for a good 45mins brisk walk daily. Hope all is easy.. Don’t want to exceed 40weeks either.

VIP Member

Same here. I was supposed to start HL the week after 38 weeks but suddenly ended up at the hospital. Nothing much to do. And gave birth right at 39 weeks. First time mom here too

I walked quite a bit in my first pregnancy but i was stuck in labour for so long. Anyway i still delivered before my edd at 39+6

Hi! I didn't do any proper exercise before giving birth recently. Only walking around the house most of the time.