faint feeling after exercise

hi mamas, I used to be very active and a gym-rat (I attend gym classes 3-4 times a week). ever since I found out I'm pregnant, I stopped exercising because I am so exhausted all the time. people have been advising me to exercise even if it's just 15mins a day so labor will be easier. but recently when I started doing simple pregnancy pilates exercises for 15mins, I start feeling faint within 30mins. should I continue to build stamina or just stop doing such workouts? #firsttimemom

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's very important to listen to your body. Exercising is good, but if your body keeps saying no, probably tone it down in duration, frequency or intensity, or choose something lighter.

Exercising is good but diff body is diff. If you start to be weak or faint feeling after exercise even for few mins, better to stop. Your safety and health more important.

Which trimester are you in? I was v tired in first tri and wasn’t allowed to exercise by my gynae but in 2nd tri it got better!

8mo ago

I used to be more active too and now in late 2nd tri tend to get more tired easily.. listen to your body and you can cut down the intensity or duration first :) make sure you can still “talk” so you’re not breathless during the exercise.