Should I reveal the gender to a bff of mine?

I have this BFF is a SAHM and who has been very obsessed with having a baby girl but she had 2 boys instead, and I am one of her boy’s god mother. She told me that if I get pregnant with a baby girl, she would want to be her god mother and buy her a lot beautiful clothes and toys, to fill her void of not being able to have girls. And true enough, I’m currently pregnant with a baby girl. My hubby has reserves on wanting her to be our child’s god mother and he is afraid that she will spoil our girl too much by buying her with a lot of things. We don’t want her to spend money on our girl as her hubby is having financial troubles and he hasn’t been frank with her. How do I let her down gently? Should I reveal the gender to her? Not sure if I should make her my girl’s god mother, given that we know about her hubby’s situation...

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I don't think it's cool to have godmother or godfather. If i, i would just want to be d one and only mother to my children. What if one day your child asks if your bff is your husband's wife too? Eeeeyerrr.. No way. I would not want my children to be used to have 2 mothers. No. And never. Family is family. Bff can sometimes bite behind your back. If your bff wanna buy stuff for your kid then just buy. Don't need to give her the title mother to your children. Jz my 2cents. Everyone is different.

Read more
4y ago

Why so possessive and ridiculous? Not as though the god mother is going to snatch her baby girl away? I grew up having a godmother, and it doesn’t make me love my mother any lesser. In fact I feel that I received so much love from both mothers and clearly I still know who is my real mother since when I’m an infant. Any time if you ask me to pick a mother, I will definitely go back to my own mother without hesitation.