I have been married for over four years and been with my hubby for over 10, but I somehow feel am no longer connected to him the way were were before. He, however, is a very loving husband. I don't want to leave him but I don't want to feel alone in this marriage. What should I do?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Perhaps it is just that life has gotten into a routine. Things becomes predictable and there is no longer the element of surprise to help keep things interesting. Have a read at this article (http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2013/07/13/the-5-stages-of-intimacy-in-a-relationship/), you are likely experiencing the “burying” stage of your relationship, where mundane everyday matters get in the way of keeping romance alive. Instead of thinking about ending the relationship (with someone who sounded like he loves you very much) as a solution, how about trying other things to help rekindle your feelings towards him? Go on spontaneous dates, surprise him with breakfast in bed, take a trip somewhere or simply have a staycation, sign up for a class together? Just some suggestions I could think of off the top of my head. There may help break the monotony and inject some excitement into your lives. All relationships need time and effort to sustain. Talk to your husband and he may have some great suggestions too. All the best!

Read more