Babysitting or fetching from sch

I have a 2yr old attending cc and a 4months old girl which will enter ifc in august. I have to send my helper back by aug as i cant afford to pay her a higher salary. Hiring a new helper doesnt helps the situation as all are asking for high salary. However, my husb and my working hrs can't accomodate to send and pick them up from sch. What should i do? Can someone share how do u cope?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I quit my job to look after my firstborn. Now pregnant with #2. BTO will be ready the same time as #2 EDD. Now living day by day with 1 income, very minimalist and simple lifestyle. Still enough to pay all bills and all insurance for all of us including babies. I’m very tired but at the same time I’m happy to see through all my firstborn’s milestones. My MIL is too old to look after my firstborn. My own mom demands too much money just to look after her, it’s ridiculous. So my husband said quit, and I did. No regrets. After #2 is born, and after we settle down with our new house, I will see whether there’s a need to go back to work. Otherwise, SAHM sounds just as good.

Read more

Ask help from parents first. If not possible, can get night time nanny to fetch your child pay them 2-3hrs per day to look after your child (pick up, shower, dinner).