Worried abt possibility of miscarriage

Hi all, I had given my last period date and was determined to be 9 weeks when I visited gynae. But during the scan.. the baby or CRL was only at 4mm and could not hear heart beat. Based on aua or ultra scan, results indicated as 6w1d. Does this mean I had actually calculated wrongly? Gynae didn’t elaborate further but to give me dyrogesterone for a week before next review but she did mention of a possibility of miscarriage.. if let’s say next visit shows no growth and also no HB.. worried but I know there’s nothing I can do already.. so far no bleeding.. the usual cramps and bloating.. nausea and morning sickness. But I dono if it’s the pills or what.. anyone experienced this before.

Worried abt possibility of miscarriage
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't base your pregnancy on your lmp cos it may not accurate. Most of us don't even know when our ovulation is or also because highly possible of late implantation. The ultrasound is and based on that you're too early to see or hear anything yet. Follow up on ur next visit. Maybe by then can see and hear already.

Read more
VIP Member

Highly possible that you miscalculated or implantation takes place later than expected. I thought I was 7weeks along but scan shows that I was almost 9weeks. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Just take the medication as per advised & hang in there for another week. Look out for severe cramps & bleeding.. Best wishes.