I am going to start solids for my baby in two months time. Would like to hear what types of solids you give to your babies(if you give ready-made solids, kindly share the recommended brands) , how often per day, Is it better to make a lot at one go and freeze some or it is better to make fresh ones every two or three days? Is a baby food maker really necessary? Also appreciate if you can share the schedules for solids and milk feedings. Thank you in advance!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I introduced both ready-made and home made purée to my daughter when she was 6 months. I went for those that are organic which most brands do offer now. I was more into what variety is available then sticking by a particular brand. For home-made purée, I blend different vegetables and fruits (separately) and freeze them in little ice cube try, so each day I just take a ice cube out and mixed It with either rice cereal or porridge. I usually let her take the same food for 3 days to make sure she is not allergy to it. My schedule is very fixed as I feed her every 3 hours and only replacing 2 milk feed with solid each day. For me, by giving her variety actually helps because she take almost everything we give her now. (Currently 2yo)

Read more