I am going to start solids for my baby in two months time. Would like to hear what types of solids you give to your babies(if you give ready-made solids, kindly share the recommended brands) , how often per day, Is it better to make a lot at one go and freeze some or it is better to make fresh ones every two or three days? Is a baby food maker really necessary? Also appreciate if you can share the schedules for solids and milk feedings. Thank you in advance!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can start with fruit/ vege puree. You need to follow the 3 days rules in order to know which fruits/ veg may contribute to allergy. It is easier to prepare at one go and freeze it. If you are able to prepare fresh, definitely will be better. For a start, I get myself the Avent blender (steam and blend), it makes my life easier because it can steam and blend, 2 in 1. Less hassle preparing and washing. This is a schedule you can adhere to suit to your lo. Setting a routine is a must ... start from young :) 7.00 am - milk 9.30 am - breakfast (rolled oats with puree) 11.30am -lunch 2.00 pm - milk 4.00 pm - milk 6.30 pm - dinner 9.30 pm - milk

Read more