Feeling stress

Hi, i just gave birth and I have been feeling stress. Any advise to make myself happy and how to take care of new born baby.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi dear, congratulations! It is indeed stressful. Even for my second one, I’m still stressed at 4 months pp. Haha. Advice: - don’t aim for perfection. It’s okay for the journey to be bumpy now and then. Don’t make goals and impose crazy expectations on yourself. For example, you may aim to breastfeed 100%, but if there’s not enough milk at first, just top up with formula. Baby will still do very well in life:) - your motherhood journey is your own. Don’t let anyone force you into doing anything you don’t want or tear you down and make you feel like you’re a lousy mum. Take good advice to heart and throw away lousy ones. - sleep when baby sleeps. If your baby’s a good sleeper, congrats! Otherwise, make the most of the time you have. Rest, recharge, embrace the me time. Oh yes! Never, ever feel guilty about having me time. If your husband or family can take care of baby anything from a couple of minutes to a few hours (and they’re reliable), don’t refuse the offers. Take a peaceful bath, get a massage, sleep (my favourite. Haha). A happy mummy raises a happy baby. I shan’t spam too much... but remember, you’re not alone:) spend time with friends, share your feelings with your husband and trusted loved ones, use this community or any other support group to the fullest. All of us need some support in our journeys ❤️

Read more

Hi mummy, I just gave birth too. Husband & I are super shag & tired too. I got no milk supply for baby. Husband & I struggle to swaddle baby. We get panic when baby cry. However we continue to share the duties. Take turns to rest. Talk to your partner. Let him know how you feels. At the same time, do remember to that your partner might feel the same like you too. It takes time~ but don't give up! We can do it!

Read more
VIP Member

Let your hubby n family members know you need help. Always talk to someone especially you jz give birth They can help to tc baby during day time. You will rest as often besides feeding baby. If parents or in law are not able to help, you can consider a helper Discuss with Your hubby , he can help out during weekends. Try on some smoothing music, don’t put too much pressure on yourself. Jiayou mummy.

Read more

Hey, Feeling stressed after having baby is common. I would suggest talk to your husband about how you feel. Your husband and family will be able to help you and make you feel better :) Keep yourself surrounded with family and loved ones and

I think is normal to feel stressed. For me i am still trying to cope even after 3 mths (maybe being a first time mom?) Support from family and hubby really does help alot, so frequent communication is important.

VIP Member

It must be baby blues. I also have it after I give birth. My family really help me cope. Being surrounded by them makes me happy. They help me with my baby and give me time to rest.

VIP Member

Do get some help from your family or your hubs family. Talk to a friend or a family member about how you feel etc or seek professional help take care!

Try to talk to ur hubby and family and get assistance and support from them. Hug mommy. U r so great!!

Thanks all. I know I am not alone. And maybe I am not use to the change of my life.

Yes is normal. Find someone to talk to