I need someone to talk to...

I gave birth 3 weeks ago, mom paid for all the hospital bills and been taking care of all the baby needs since i cannot go to work yet. Me and my husband rents a house prior to having a baby so it is a major adjustment for everyone now that I am living with my parents again. Now, from what I have heard from our household, my mom talks about how much she spent for my childbirth and its too expensive and all the blah blah blahs. This happened after my husband and I 'borrowed' our child from my mom for a week for the baby to get acquainted to our rented house. Me and my husband are having a tough time financially before our child was born. And I immediately asked for help from my mom but we are to pay her as soon as i get my maternity benefits. I find it very depressing that she has money issues on me and her grandchild and she wont talk to me about it directly. We thought the she cares and loves us that is why she took us in knowing that my husband and I will have a hard time juggling work and taking care of the baby but what she says tells otherwise. I want to work again and pay her as soon as I can to pay her, I never thought money would be an issue for her since she can spend a lot on other things without feeling bad about it. I feel so uncapable and worthless right now, a bit surprised too as to why she can say things like that behind my back. Maybe because me and my partner isnt earning enough? We all have our tough times and to think, she is the last person on my mind that will make me feel bad about the situation. She has been wanting a grand child years ago and then this is what happens when she has one.

31 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I've been in almost the same situation, In my whole pregnancy journey I lived with my Husbands parents, they were very helpful even before I got pregnant, but when I gave birth I chose to stay at my Parents place since I don't want to be a burden knowing it's my first time having a baby, (and I also know my only-child-Husband grew up with his grandmother and his parents doesn't know how to take care of newborn child, I also noticed it on my 4days staying with them after childbirth, that they believe more on superstitious beliefs and I needed a company that knows really well on taking care of my newborn) my mother-in-law suddenly talked about me being rude and all that "I didn't directly told her I'm going home and that I want to rest at my parents home" and I was so shocked what else she said. After Christmas my Husband and I decided we'd spend new year with them, after new year we needed to go back to my parents because my Dad's going to US and he wants to see my child before his flight so I sat down beside her and explained thoroughly every little details why I needed to go home. But after we got there my MIL messaged my Husband again saying random hurting words again, saying I don't have good manners and with the same issue saying I'm rude as I didn't say "We're going now" before I went inside the taxi, I was very tired that day since they didn't let me sleep and I had only 3 hrs sleep at night, (they are early birds so when they're awake you should also be awake, since you will hear the nagging about being lazy early morning) I was sleepy then so I didn't know I didn't get to say that. I was very sad and I told my Husband she'll gonna be the reason for my postpartum depression, she's selfish and has no considerations, so I decided not to go back there. I still don't talk to my MIL I'm really hurt until now, even when they want to be with my child I can't go back and I don't wanna go back, better we don't see each other so we won't have any issues or we won't have any more issues. But despite that, I'm grateful that I have my very understanding Husband, he comforts me, provide all of our needs and love us unconditionally, and We're so lucky to have him πŸ’Ÿ

Magbasa pa