BF after csect

I am a ftm and I would like to hear your experiences. I’m currently in my 36 weeks and baby is still in a breech position and might need to do an e- csect. I am very keen about breastfeeding my LO once she’s out. But, i heard that csect recovery is longer and painful and I’m worried about BF my baby. I’m scared it might be too painful and difficult for me to commit. 1) Would it be better to do EP instead of DL? Do you do mix feeding? 2) How do you cope with the pain of recovering and BF at the same time? Any tips of how to manage pain? 3) How’s your EP schedule like? Thanks mummies and appreciate your inputs!!🥺

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

hello! congrats on your upcoming new arrival to the family! I would tell you first up not to worry too much and go with the flow ok? cause babies all react very differently and sometimes what you plan doesn’t necessarily go through.. 1) I think you can do both! usually how i like to do it is DL in the day and pump and bottle feed at night (so that my husband can help feed and I can rest at night) 2) the pain recovery process is very different for all. for me, I am a second time mum and I have had two csecs - I have had very smooth recoveries and they were all better by a week.. my pain threshold isn’t very high so I was pleasantly surprised by how fast the pain went away! most importantly, rest and do your best not to overstrain yourself.. don’t carry heavy stuff and just try to take it easy! take your painkillers prescribed by the gynae as those are BF friendly! 3) i pump every three hours - more diligent at the start. around 3 months or so I start to drag my night pumps so I get a bit more sleep.. so 3 hours throughout the day and my last pump at midnight till the next morning around 8-9am

Read more
2y ago

Hi mummy, I’m so touched by your motivation ❤️ thank you for giving me tips and now i know how to get my husband involved haha! Appreciate it so much!