Csect recovery tips

Hi hi i will be delivering soon, and so scared it might end up with ecsection. However, i also do want to prepare myself in the event i will end up needing to do it. I have zero tolerance for pain. Can experienced mummies let me know hows your recovery, and was it long and very painful? Any tips and advise for recovering from csec? As im a ftm. How many weeks after did you start your postnatal massage ? #firsttimemom #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, C-section ftm here! I opt for it cause I know for sure I dun wan and cannot endure long hours of labour. I have low to zero pain tolerance. My C-section operation was a smooth one, almost painless, didn’t even feel a thing when they inject the spinal anaesthesia. Arrived at the hospital at 6:30am and returned to the ward at 9:20am. Painkillers took care of the wound so the discomfort was manageable. Able to eat and drink and sleep as usual. The biggest challenge is to walk on the next day. I’m glad that the nurse was very understanding and even encouraged me to take my time. But I was able to walk on the day of discharge and walk up and down the stairs at home, so yeah, not so bad. Bring drinking straw with u to the hospital, it’s easier to drink from bottle/cup after C-section (dun have to sit up straight). Raise the hospital bed to help u get up whenever you need. Nothing special about the recovery, just apply the scar gel given by gynae and continue taking painkillers. Bed rest during confinement period. My wound heals well without bleeding. I didn’t shower during confinement though, once I do, I avoid scrubbing or touching the wound but it’s actually fine to clean it. Your gynae will check on the recovery and advise whether you’re ok to go for postnatal massage. I didn’t do it cause I never like massages. All the best ya!

Read more

The only painful part of csect for me was the epidural jab. I’ve 0 pain tolerance and post surgery did not hurt thanks to painkillers. You might feel uncomfortable but it’s not painful pain, it’s the muscle cramp/ache kind of pain. Recovery was smooth but was on painkillers for the first week. Always wear ur binder if you do csect cos the binder helps to keep the tummy in place and reduces any discomfort. It was awkward when I took out the binder like I couldn’t function as per normal hahah. Post natal massage I did after 21 days. (As long as you can lie on ur tummy without feeling any pain,should be good to go)

Read more