how scary is giving birth

i am a first time mom ,giving birth soon. only have my hubby as my main pillar of support & rlly wondering how its going to be as we only have each other . how scary would it be on the day itself ?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Mummy.. I just gave birth.. am a first time mom too.. if you are scared just take the epidural.. I took one and it was a life saver.. and I enjoyed the whole process.. but epidural can be taken only after atleast 3 cm dilation. well.. pain..it completely depends on individuals tolerance.. it starts off as mild period pains every half n hr to 20 mins..and then the worst period cramps at 5 min apart..and goes on and gets worse.. that's how labour starts and usually most of us are atleast 1cm dilated at arnd week 37.. during that worse period like pain at arnd 5 mins apart, that's when your gynae will check on how much you are dilated. if you are less than 3cm and can't tahan the pain, you can take pethadine injection though! if you are above 3 cm dilated, then go for epidural.. however pethadine and epidural can't be taken one after the other.. atleast a 2 hr gap is advised. and if you want to have epidural, make sure you inform them immediately as it might take time for the anaesthetist to arrive.. above all.. jus relax.. I too was super afraid initially.. but jus don't worry.. everything is gonna be fine once you hold the little one in your arms! cheer up.. and emake sure you enjoy the whole process.. god bless and wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy:)

Read more
2y ago

hi congrats on giving birth !!! thanks for the information 😅😁🤗🤗