I am feeling v sianz to go work... :( and I think I got dislike-mil-syndrome.. not tt I dun like her.. at the same time I am grateful for her to take care of my baby but at the same time dislike her presence.. feeling depressed....

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Think on e bright side too. At least its someone that u can trust on to look after your baby comparing to look after by outsiders-infant cares/nannies. u can have a ease of mind to go to work and make u worried even more if u were to let others to take care of your baby. Though i understand there might be some mindset differences which might caused slight unhappiness. i guess at times, we have to keep one eye close and think positively to keep things going. Do try to cheer up and get your hubby to talk to and work things out if there is any unhappiness between the family.

Read more

Hugs.. Need to find the Sparks in the job u are working. Make it a fun place? Mingle and crack jokes to make going to work easier? As for mil, look at the bright side, when u are working, u are not facing her and she is a trusted adult to your child.. She is there to look after, helping us to save money and making sure our household still goes on. Both mummy and daddy works to provide the better qualities in life. Not easy, but it'll get easier! Jiayou Jiayou!

Read more

It's most important that she's willing to take care of your child for you, so I would suggest that you put up with it. You may need her help more and more in future as your child grows up, so it's best to maintain a good relationship with your MIL. I should add that some family members do change for the better after having a baby in the family.

Read more
VIP Member

Take a break, have some me time and pamper yourself. After a mother of 2, i really enjoy some couple time , like you say, not i dislike her but i still need her help too. As times goes by, you will feel better.

It not easy to staying with mil, because of different upbringing but hard cos need someone trust to take care of your baby. Tell your mil nicely you need thing to be done in your way, and reason why.

change a new job maybe don't stress yourself, because you work a long time outside at home is lesser. Make yourself happy to go to work and you will feel go home is a very good too.

Yeah same here. Hahaha! I ran back to be a SAHM!

8y ago

I really want to.. but financial wise we cannot cope.. a lot of loans to pay..