Almost 3mos baby not drinking enough milk

Hi expert mummies, My baby weight now is 4.9kg and her milk consumption is about 550-650ml a day. Every 3-4 hrs she can only finish about 60-90ml. Should I be worry? I already went to see Dr to ask about it but Dr said she’s healthy and gaining weight. My baby is formula fed since birth. I can only pump 30-40ml of breast milk a day (not enough breast milk) Another unique behaviour of my baby is when we try to put her to the cot she will start to wake up. She preferred to be carried/held. During day time her sleep is interrupted cos of this. Luckily her night time sleeps a stretch of 5-6hrs. My problem only is day time. She’s heavy and cannot always carry her while she sleeps.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

if dr never flag then it’s fine don’t worry about it. some babies have lesser milk needs. your baby’s behaviour is also not unique, it’s actually very common among infants. try to practise more putting her sleep in cot when drowsy, before falling asleep. she’ll learn over time.

10mo ago

Thank you for your inputs. I’ve asked my mummy friends and they told me that their baby doesn’t get interrupted and can sleep longer. I was wondering if there’s something wrong with my baby. Thanks to you I feel relieved a bit. We did try to put her in cot as soon as she is drowsy but she will wake up in a few minutes.

Have you considered yaolan (baby hammock)? My baby is 3mth and she sleeps better in yaolan during the day.

10mo ago

I was thinking to get one. This was the last option I didn’t consider yet. Thanks for your inputs.