Am I feeding too much? I breastfeed my 7w old baby 99.9% of the time. We offered her the bottle ytd with 120ml. She finished it all up and 30mins later she was crying for milk again. We gave her another 30ml which she finished and an hour later she was crying (for milk I guessed) again so I offered her the breast directly. I always offer the breast whenever she cries (even after being carried or having diapers changed) Because she always drinks from the breast, im unsure how much she consumes. I'm just wondering if I should continue offering the breast whenever she cries or should I stick to a schedule?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As long as you are feeding on demand, it is alright. Let your baby determine how much she would want. Especially since you are breastfeeding, baby will indicate to you when she is hungry and would stop feeding when she is full. Some may nurse for comfort so she will be in control of how much she is taking in. Most of my friends do not keep track of the amount that their babies are consuming. As long as baby is gaining weight and growing well, it should be fine. Also, babies go through growth spurts in which they will drink more and are usually more fussy as well. Take care mummy! Be sure to get as much rest as you can, and keep yourself hydrated since you are breastfeeding. :)

Read more

It's good to feed on demand but not all cries are because she is hungry. Try to fix a schedule so it will be easier for u to monitor her.

your baby may be crying because she's tired and want to nap. monitor her wake time. for a 7 weeks old, it's not more than 1h.