I am exclusively breastfeeding my 3 mths n 16 mths old but my period returned when he was 2 mths old and now having the 2nd cycle of period. This means i can get pregnant if nt careful. As i have 2 under 2 currently, i would like to take a break frm having #3. I had #2 while i was bfing #1 with no period return. Is it okay for me to eat contra pills while bfing? Will it affect the fertility if i were to try for #3 few yrs down the road? My husband dnt like the idea of using condoms. Any other ways you mummies can suggest?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

You can take contraceptive pills but honestly, I don’t advise that for you, because you’re taking care of 2 kids under 2. You’ll be tired and may forget to take a dose on time. You may want to consider going for the injection instead (either the monthly/3-monthly type), or inserting an IUD, or using the diaphragm (like condoms for female, but more difficult to insert). Otherwise your husband can also either abstain or go for a vasectomy when your family is complete. Then he doesn’t have to worry about condoms.

Read more
VIP Member

you can use pills or you can use IUD. It won't affect your fertility when removed. but for pills you MUST rmbr to take ur pill

Read more