I want to quit breastfeeding.

I am an exclusive pumping mum. Baby doesn't want to latch since birth (tried a lot of times before giving up). My baby just turned 7 months old. I pump every 4 hours. Supply is generally fine, enough for my baby. Sometimes it won't be enough though especially on days I feel stressful, the supply would drop. These days, I have a very strong desire to quit breastfeeding. I am a working mum too. My work sometimes requires me to be out for a long time with no chance for me to pump on time (can't find the right place right time) which results in me having blocked milk duct and can be painful. Most of the time at work too, I need to rush my pumping and could only pump for about 10 to 15 mins, and which could also lead to blocked milk duct. At home, I would pump for 30 minutes max. My work can be really tiring too. I have to go to work at 530am in order to avoid traffic congestion to reach workplace before 7am. And most of the time too, I have to work until so late. It's really really really exhausting. The worst is always having to wake up in the middle of the night just to pump (on top of waking up min 2 times too for baby's feeding). It's tiring, really. I barely get enough sleep. I have a very very strong desire to quit breastfeeding. But the mom's guilt stops me each time the thought comes to mind. I feel like my life right now revolves around having to pump, finding time to pump, pump, pump, pump. I really want to quit breastfeeding. #dontjudgemeplease

2 Balas
 profile icon
Tulis jawapan

i feel you sis.. always pumping, no time to mingle with others.. few days ago my baby warded cz diarrhea.. first thing mom always at fault of not taking care of what we eat 😔its not like i asked for it 😪also it's tiring have to think about if i have enough milk for next sesh.. then to pump need to wait baby to sleep first.. body ache.. whatever choices, you do you okay..

Baca lagi
5mo ago

recent update: I'm in the process of weaning off! I now pump every 12 hours (max 20 mins) and oh boy, I never realised the extra sleep I could get is just so so needed. the guilt is still there but I just keep on telling myself, 'it's ok, dear self. it's really ok. baby is alright with drinking formula. mummy needs to take extra care of herself too.' 2 months ago, I thought I would never quit breastfeeding mostly bcs of the guilt, but fast forward to now, I really think it's fine with wanting to quit. it doesn't mean we love our baby any lesser. I hope you're doing fine now too, mummy! ❤️

Dont have to be sorry if it affects your life. If you want to quit, that’s your choice coz its your life. You are not less of a mom if you give your baby formula milk. Try mixing with formula first if you still have the mom guilt. But whatever happens, its not the mom’s fault ☺️

5mo ago

thank you for the kind words, mummy ❤️❤️