KKH doctor/ services

Hi. I will be delivering at KKH soon. But i am restless as my last scan was done when i was in my 28 weeks. After that the next appointment was in my 32nd week but the doctor just check the fetal heart rate. Literally went inside the room for 5mins and done. The doctor did not give any assurance at all. Just say baby heart rate is good and normal. Same thing happened during my 36 week. Again doctor check for fetal heart rate and say can come back next week. Same thing again during my 37 week. Why arent they doing any scans or check whether my cervix has dilate? Or the weight of my baby? I have another appointment next week on my 38 week. Dont know if i should go as feel like its a waste of time. All they do is check fetal heart rate and ask to go home.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi mummy! im gg to be delivering in KKH soon as well. Just went for my 37week check up & im under subsidy. The doc usually just ask if you are okay or have any concerns if you have any questions. They also repeatedly discuss my pain relief method of labour & answer all my questions diligently as im a first time mum! I asked them if there would be anymore scans done & they said not unless there is reason to. But im planning to go for all my check ups anyways because its heartwarming & assuring to know my child is doing okay. My journey as a subsidised patient has been wonderful & im thankful for that. I also asked the doc whats gg to happen on 38&39 weeks check up! 38weeks would just be a regular check up, fetal heart rate, more & more questions. & on my 39weeks, they will do a vaginal check to see if u are dilating. If you are not then they will go thru the next plan of actions (wait for baby to come natural/induce etc)

Read more
2y ago

few more days! Have u went for ur 39wks checkup? & did they scheduled a day to induce?