Irritated by this nurse

I called the local hospital to make appointment to confirm a pregnancy and they said that it is still not sure that I am pregnant. I told them that I took 5 PT TEST and it came out positive. The person then said she cannot take me in because the pregnancy isnt confirm. My husband then said if we can make appt to confirm. , she said No. We can make appt if its a confirmed pregnancy. Im like 🙄

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I used 2 kits at home. I was week 4 then. And since I was experiencing a little pain in pelvic area I visited polyclinic few days later. They checked by kit again and referred me to KKH on the same day for further inspection on the pelvic pain. The doc said most probably it could be due to constipation but better to have detailed scan done to check whether the foetus is in correct position. My suggestion would be to visit polyclinic first n get referral to hospitals. You can always change hospital/doctor in later part of your pregnancy

Read more

I went straight to the poly to confirm my pregnancy (I did a PT again there to confirm) and I was referred to my preferred hospital in a mth under subsidy. I was about 6 wks plus when I went to the poly and still got a referral letter. Maybe you want to try another poly or hospital?

Hmm I'm not sure if tt's a normal response. I took only 2 positive tests and went straight to a private gynae. Got the appt immediately even tho it was during CB. I guess if it's a hospital, they wld need referral frm a GP.

4y ago

I went to poly and the doctor there said they dont do blood test anymore. If you took PT its already confirmed that you are pregnant. And jus that consultation is already 50$+ dang.

I think best is you go to polyclinic to test it out 1st then once the results came up and it is positive the doctor will ask you to choose which hospital so you want to go for your pregnancy check up like KKH or NUH

3y ago

Thanks. It was posted along time ago. I was 6 weeks that time. Im 32 weeks now

Update: have an appt this saturday :) finally. Fingers cross that everything is fine

VIP Member

Is this for a subsidized visit? I got the referral from a GP too.

4y ago

if you are a Singaporean i think it is subsidized. Mine isnt. :) but its ok cause I really want to know if my little one is safe

go test at polyclinic and get referral letter to hospital

4y ago

very strange. once I suspected I got pregnant, I just walked in polyclinic and they test for me. when result positive, they asked me which hospital I wanted to be referred to.

Which local hospital you call?

That’s why best to go private! TMC

3y ago

I was 6 weeks that time. Now Im 32 weeks and yes I went to TMC and its amazing :)

Super Mum

normal. opt for private no issue.

3y ago

shouldve put the date there. I was ard 6 weeks that time I wnt for private and now Im 32 weeks