I am mother of two toddlers and going through a terrible divorce. How do I explain my children?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have a close friend who divorced with her husband when her kid was 4 years old. It does affect the child because he will ask where is his daddy. However, the mother showers the kid with a lot of loves within the tough period after divorce, plus with the full supports and loves from the grandparents, he is still a happy child. When kids get older, it is unavoidable people around them will ask where is his daddy. Do not avoid but to teach the child to accept. Reading up story books relating to divorce will help them to relate better.

Read more
Post reply image

I'm sorry to hear about the divorce. These are challenging times for everyone involved and I hope you find solace in knowing that things will get better at some point. And that you are not alone. I am certain you have family and friends who will provide support and guidance for you and your children. My friends who went through a similar situation found that honest conversation with the kids work best. Remind them of your unfaltering love and support. And trust that you will all come together and survive this ordeal together.

Read more
VIP Member

Sorry to hear about that. Difficult as it may be, try to be as honest as possible with your children. Your children are entitled to an honest but kid friendly conversation. There will be questions and fear of how drastically their life is going to change. Assure them whatever happens, your love for them is imperishable.

Read more

thanks