I am married for past two years but the thought of having kids freaks me out. Is this normal?

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yes its totally normal! Especially when you are the hubby. Most of the panic comes from the uncertainty of having children. One tip will be to talk to more parents, find out more about their own experiences, read up more and with knowledge, you will feel more confident and hopefully less scared. All the best!

Read more

Of course it's normal. Every couple has their own idea of what a marriage is and what it should be. Don't worry if you feel that way; children doesn't guarantee a happier, more successful marriage. Just do your own thing. If you're meant to have children, they will come in due time.

It's perfectly fine to not want kids in the first few years of marriage. Most couples want to spend some alone time together getting to know each other even more and creating memories amongst themselves before having kids and that's perfectly fine.

Totally normal. Being married doesn't automatically activate some latent maternal instinct. Have kids when you're ready! Don't let others pressure you into it. You'll find parenthood more rewarding when you define it on your own terms.

VIP Member

It is quite normal, but do you find any reason what make you freak out? In my case, i want to have more quality time with my wife and friends before my priority change. My wife and i decided not to have children right after marriage.

I definitely think it's normal to feel this way. A lot of my friends, especially those who married young, want to enjoy a few years together before having a baby. Don't worry, I'm sure when the time comes, you'll love being a dad!

I think it is totally normal. I have these thoughts as well, thinking that I'll be carrying another human being in me and having to care for him/her for the rest of my life. Perhaps u can talk to your SO about it or maybe your mom

VIP Member

I am pregnant and the thoughts of having kids freaks ME out. ;p Normal to feel this way bro, but go with the flow and don't overthink it. It's been an amazing journey for me thus far and I have zero regrets.

It definitely is! It's perfectly alright to want to enjoy some time with your wife first before committing to kids. Talk to her to ensure she feels the same way too, so that you both are on the same page.

Some might feel enthusiastic about it but some might be scared of it from the stories they hear from friends. But i feel everyone just has this parental instincts that keeps in when reality sets in