My Son poops almost every day but he has not pooped for the past two days. Is this normal ? He looks normal and energetic. Nothing abnormal. But I am just a bit worried about the change. He has just completed his 5 months

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

yes it is normal and sometimes, at this age, babies can also go without poop for almost 4 5 days at a stretch. as long as he is energetic and fine and is not crying or is in pain, it should be fine. also, keep a note of how many times he is passing urine, so that you know he is not dehydrated. also, keep massaging his tummy so that you can notice if there is any tightness in the area. speak to the doc if yuor son does not poop within 5 to 6 days,

Read more

It is okay for babies not to poo up till 14 days. Some babies poo every day whilst some every 7 days. Mine poo about once every 4-6 days. If baby shows no signs of tummyache or bigger than usual bloated tummy, it is okay. You can try to cycle his legs to help in bowel movement. If you are breastfeeding, you can eat prunes or vitagen to aid them to poo.

Read more

yes, at this age, it is okay for babies to miss their poop time for 3 to 4 days. as long as your baby seems find and is not in any discomfort, there is nothing to worry about. in case you feel that your baby has some bloating sensation, you can move the legs in a cycling motion to ease out any gas. this will also help to stimulate bowel movements.

Read more

Thank u very much!