C Sec vs natural - review on doctor?

Does anyone has any reviews on Prof Tan Hak Koon from SGH for natural birth? I m 5weeks now and am thinking of having him as my obs after hearing all the good reviews but I noticed mostly its on c sec. I m worried if he is one who advocates for c sec instead of natural birth as I would definitely prefer natural delivery if possible (of cause unless baby in danger then no choice..) . This worry is making me restless (haha not sure if it's my hormones!) help please.. Anyone? .

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

He is good. He advised patient accordingly. My 1st child was breech position. Dr Tan reacted fast. When I was 36 weeks plus, he asked me to see him 3 days later. I gave birth 3 days later. He did C section which had no choice for me. Cannot image, I would give birth at home, if he didnot ask me to review him 3 days later.

Read more
Super Mum

Hi mama, If the reviews are good and they are generally regarding c-sections, this means his statistics for c-sects are high. I would advise - if you really are looking to birth naturally to a) look for a different OBGYN 2) ensure the hospital of choice is pro natural too

Just because a doc has alot of good reviews on c sect doesnt mean he will push u for c sect unless they see that baby is too big for delivery through normal way or emergency situations. Its better to get a doctor that excells in both just in case.