I am expecting in August this year and I was told by a friend that there will be major changes to the vagina post delivery. Could somebody please tell me what bodily changes I can expect?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I can't tell you about the sex part as I'm 7 months post partum and haven't got the time, mood or energy for that. Lol! I do experience some incontinence once in awhile if I have a full bladder and sneeze too hard. I get around the problem by always wearing a pantyliner that is somewhat thicker. I felt a little awkward down there initially up till about 3 or 4 months but it has since been normal as I believed the vagina has shrunk back. Other than these, I didn't experience other changes.

Read more

The first thing is to overcome the fear of the episotomy stitches. For me, I need sometimes to avoid thinking about the cut and pain during intercourse post delivery. Also, if you are breastfeeding your vagina will be very dry and painful during intercourse. You can use non petroleum based lubricant to ease the pain initially. Apart from that, after few sessions of "practising", you will feel normal again.

Read more
VIP Member

Not sure if it's too much information, but according to my husband's "physical examination", he commented that it was larger than before having a baby. I only had a minor first degree tear, so for women who have more severe tears, I think it would take longer to heal. Some of my friends experience incontinence as well when they sneeze or cough. You can do more Kegels to "tighten" up the muscles.

Read more
VIP Member

Tbh, there are a lot of bodily changes that we will undergo. But it differs for every mummy. For example stretch marks. Not all mummies have it. While some might have a little, and others might be badly affected by stretch marks. Come join us in our aug edd group. we share our experiences and symptoms together ◡̈ https://m.facebook.com/groups/931464047058770?ref=share

Read more
Post reply image

1) bye2 perfect tummy 2) stitches on vagina but able to recover 3) bigger boobs - massage daily to make it firm since once u stop bf, maybe it will not as firm as b4 4) chubbier / slimmer - depends on your diet during the confinement.

Read more

thanks

Esp the saggy boobs due to breastfeeding...