I am curious to know how everybody else is going about bath time with their little ones? My girl is 18months old and I'm still using the infant bath tub on her, is it time to move out of it?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I guess it's really more of a preference although obviously, if she's too big for her infant tub then it wouldn't be comfortable for her and whoever bathes her and might not be safe as well. My son is 21 mos and he still enjoys taking a bath in our bath tub although most of the times he's standing up and really enjoying the shower from there. I just feel like it's safer for him to take a bath there since it's a more confined area and he can easily sit down when he wants to play a bit more. He doesn't have any issues using just the shower when we travel and there's no tub in the hotel or reaort :)

Read more

It basically depends on individual. Some kids enjoy and wants to bath in it even until 4 yrs old. As for mine, he stopped using ard 18 mths. My boy is very independent. He used to be in Infant Care and maybe they had taught him the importance of independence which I personally feel it's good. Basically, so long as yr kid is able to stand up on his own, she is ready to be off from the tub. You have to do it slowly and explaining to her yr actions and it will be easier for her to comprehend.

Read more

My boy who is 2.5 years old still love to bath in bathtub as he can sit and play water pouring and bubbles in the tub. It is totally up to you whether to get rid of the bathtub for your girl. If she likes it, there is nothing wrong to let her to use bathtub. However, for girl, you have to make sure the bathtub has been cleaned throughout and never put any bubble solution in the water as this will increase the risk of getting UTI.

Read more
Super Mum

You could switch her out if the bath tub isn’t fun for her anymore or she can’t soak herself in it because of any support in the tub. But I find bath tubs incredibly useful - either for water play fun at home or to soothe my children. I find drawing a bath always calms them and they interact so much better. I love the big IKEA ones! I use them for water play along my corridor

Read more
VIP Member

If your child is able to stand up without support, then I think it's time for her to be showering rather than bathing in bathtubs. Once in a while is fine but it's good to get used to showers so you can get her showered and freshly changed when required. If she hasn't outgrown it and likes playing with it, you can let her soak in the tub once in a while.

Read more

threw away the tub when my boy is around 16months and let him get use to bathing standing up, without a tub. When he go cc, they Wun use tub so we as parents at home have to get him prepare, get him get use to bathing without tub. It's up to individual though.

My baby is 16 months old. He's always the happy type when it comes to bath time. However when i transitioned him (13 months) from the infant tub to the bathroom he began to cry. Luckily, he has adjusted now. Back to happy bath time with baby.

I bought the big tub from Mothercare. My daughter got to use it until she turned 3. She just sits in the tub though. Now, I use the tub for my 1 yo while the 3yo sits on a small stool. I shower them together and they always have a blast!

My son is no longer using the bathtub at 1 yr 3 months. At first, he was afraid of the shower but he's getting the hang of it little by little as he plays the water coming out of the faucet.

Your daughter can stand and sit without support now, so you can switch her from the bath tub to regular shower under your supervision.