I am considering to take an Education Endownment/Insurance for my son. Any recommendations? And if you are taking, how much are your monthly premiums?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Endowment plans in the industry are more or less the same. The most important will be to find the plan that suits you the most. For us we took up a variety of plans for our daughter and maybe future children (better to start early). We chose the Prudential PruFlexiCash for endowment because it has the flexibility of withdrawing the cashback after the 2nd year. I don't have a fixed income so our consideration was that if I decide not to work we can still manage the premiums with the cashback feature. Do note the company's investment performance can affect the payout of the plan, what you see on paper is a projection and not a representation of what you'll be getting. Choose a company with a good performance track record. This can be seen from the benefit illustration. Alongside this endowment plan we have also got the integrated shield plan, life insurance and another investment plan to boost our savings. Just for the endowment alone our premium is $200/month but the minimum is only $75/month.

Read more

For me I choose to seek advise from an independent financial consultant that represents policies from many insurance companies. So that I can see a better and non bias comparison among all the policies in the market. My financial consultant also tailor an insurance plan for my family and kids based on our financial ability and needs. Thus, I strongly encourage you to look for an independent advisor. Try to avoid any ILP (investment linked policy) insurance as the money you can get back is not guaranteed.

Read more

thanks