RANT

I always thought i had no issues with my in laws until now that the baby is born, like seriously we only brought the baby back for 2 days & problems are surfacing... My mil wanted to do the confinement for me so my mum didnt help, ended up she doesnt know what to do at all lol, just cook extra fish soup for me that's all, then watch her drama series the whole day, i still have to do washing of my bowls, milk bottles & breast pump parts etc. Then when I said I wanted to do the herbal shower, she said u will get arthritis if u shower everyday during confinement, so cannot. So her concept is I can touch cold water to do the washing the whole day but cannot have a hot shower??!! Then the breastfeeding part and taking care of baby, I have short nipples so baby having a difficult time latching on, mostly need to express and bottle feed, she kept saying on that & saying I'm not feeding baby enough so baby is crying etc, her food all focused on food that makes the mum produce more milk, but the thing I have plenty, I get engorged very easily and I just need time to express it out, my mil just cannot wait, asking if I'm done pumping every few min! We brought baby to the hospital for jaundice and the nurse took baby temperature say got slight fever, she & my fil immediately blamed me & my husband for having the air con on in our room that's why baby catch a cold! Yes we did on the air con, but we set it at freaking 28 degrees so it's comfy for the baby! Then another nurse took a second reading & there weren't any fever at all, she said the first reading was high because my mil overwrapped the baby so it's super warm!!! Swaddle + wrapped another double layed blanket over the baby! Then they just kept quiet & didnt say anything, no apologies no nothing. After a while still come back to say we shouldnt on the air con so cold... OMG I just hope it's my mum doing the confinement for me or if I can go back to my parent's place during this period! Cant wait for our own house to be ready!!!

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Understand how u feel , I think the elderly will Have the tendency to point finger at us. So don’t take it to heart as u r the mom and know what’s best for ur baby. Every one just have the interest of heart for this little baby . So whatever they want to comment listen and don carry along with u , vent out is good but probably also can hint ur hubby u now under confinement so may tend to need more tender loving care from everyone after 9months of carrying the important baby with u.

Read more