1st trimester symptoms

I am about 6 week pregnant and while I did have v mild morning sickness in the 4th week, this has greatly subsided. Is this usual? Also is it normal not to feel mild cramping? I did feel this in my 4th week and after speaking to gynae then he said it is normal as long as there's no excessive spotting or bleeding. I've read scary articles about lack of pregnancy symptoms.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

That’s fine. Don’t read too much and scare yourself silly. Pregnancy symptoms differ for everyone. Some will experience it, some won’t. Some will have it worse than the next person. Just monitor you do not bleed, because that’s not normal. Cramping is usually due to the uterus expanding, you’ll feel this slightly more often in 2nd trimester onwards. Again, do monitor you’re not bleeding. Do not lift heavy items, don’t rush rush rush. Take it easy. 1st trimester is the most fragile stage of the pregnancy. When you start feeling baby’s movements, the next thing you’ll start to worry is when you can’t feel as much movements as you used too. The movements will lessen at a certain week. Then move a lot again. That is also normal so don’t be alarmed.

Read more
2y ago

Thank you so much for the kind reassurance. I am above 35 years old and reading about the pregnancy risks and complications for women above this age group can be quite unnerving!