Can I go and see dentist during prgnancy?

i am 31 weeks pregnant and having a bad toothache(not wisdom tooth) i have a hole in my teeth. i cant handle the pain. its getting worse. am i allowed to go dental? cause i heard it will be risky for the baby. TIA!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am 31 weeks pregnant and having a bad toothache(not wisdom tooth) i have a hole in my teeth. i cant handle the pain. its getting worse. am i allowed to go dental? cause i heard it will be risky for the baby. https://dentalsave.com/blog/free-dental-implants/ I don’t know if you are pregnant or not but I think you are not allowed to go to the dentist during pregnancy unless you want to get an abortion, or at least that’s what my doctor told me when I was going through all sorts of tests. The “Dental Abortion” is a procedure where during your period, you may have an extraction of your wisdom tooth with extreme force and some other invasive procedures (such as removal of your molar). Dental abortions are now legal in most states, but I don’t know why they aren’t allowed in California, where I live. My doctor said it was because there is just too much risk involved with women going for dental abortions: if the procedure isn’t done properly (which can lead to pain), if something goes wrong, or if the procedure doesn’t work at all (which can lead to death). She also mentioned that there isn’t enough evidence yet about the long-term effects of dental abortions on women and their babies but since it is woman-controlled – that kind of thing has never been done before by a woman (and only rarely by a man), she felt like it was okay to try it out.

Read more

I went to the dentist to do some filling when we were 13weeks old. Just tell the dentist and everythg will be fine 😊

Super Mum

Can. I went to see the dentist even when I was pregnant. No issue. Just remember to tell dentist that you are pregnant.

Super Mum

U can visit the dentist but tell him u r pregnant

VIP Member

cn. inform ur dentist

Super Mum

Check with gynae

I don't thk so.

Yes