Wisdom Tooth Surgery in second tri

Hi mummies! Wanted to check if it’s advisable to go for wisdom tooth surgery in second tri. the tooth is not causing any pain yet, but the dentist had previously advised (before I got pregnant) to get it removed via surgery before it causes pain. Should I just go for the surgery now, or risk it starting to hurt before I go for the surgery?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

TBH, I don't think any dentist would do it. There is an increase in blood volume during pregnancy and gums may bleed more easily. Also, if you require x-ray to see the condition of the tooth before the surgery, it is all the more not advisable. Dentists had been telling me that for more than 10 years, Im not proud of my procrastination but I still have all 4 wisdom tooth intact. I ensure good oral health, regular scaling and polishing. They actually have never given me any problems all these years.

Read more
VIP Member

I am same as u. Dentist suggested to remove all wisdom tooth before pregnancy or to fill it. I removed one side that is bad but another side left and now pregnant. I decided to remove it after labour. Now I don’t feel any trouble from it. May be u can repair/protect by other means during pregnancy.

If it’s not hurting, I’d advise after you give birth.