20 weeks

Hi all, I am 20 weeks & always want to munch on ice. Is it normal? ?

68 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Its fine, down to the very day of my birth I was still munching on ice. But the root cause of wanting ice is usually iron deficiency. Check with your gynae your iron count and maybe if it's low, get some iron pills from your gynae. I was on iron pills cause my iron count was like a low 8 when its suppose to be 10 or 11. So i was prescribed with iron pills (Sangobion) and my ice munching craving decreased. But I still munch on ice everyday just that I only munch like a few ice instead of alot. Now that My baby is out, the ice munching craving is totally gone.

Read more
3y ago

yup, ice water, soft drinks. but drink in moderation okay. try not to drink too much gassy drinks as its not so good for the baby and you. (sugar level too)

Okay lang yan mommy, may nag ke-crave talaga sa ice cubes. Same with gusto ko malamig palagi iniinom at kinakain ko. One time, pinatay ni mama yung ref kase wala naman daw laman. Di ko alam na di na malamig yung tubig, iniyakan ko talaga. Kase yung nainom ko medyo warm na kase mga ilang oras na pala patay yung ref na di ko alam. Kaya kahit walang laman yung ref namin pinuno ko nang tubig yung freezer. Aksaya daw ako sa kuryente 😂 Okay lang yan mommy, part of pagbubuntis. We all have our wierdness 😂❤️

Read more

im on my 20 weeks now starting to feel backpain always on the right part buttocks part... parang may naipit na ugat.. to the point na hindi ko maigalaw ang feet ko and body konting galaw lang sobrang sakit... one time naligo ako hindi na ko makagalaw need to call my husband to carry me.. anyone here experienced it, if yes ano ginawa nyo? or is there any exercise para mawala.. napansin ko kasi 1 hour or 30minutes lang ako nakatayo or walk umaatake sya.. 😢

Read more

im on my 20 weeks now starting to feel backpain always on the right part buttocks part... parang may naipit na ugat..to the point na hindi ko maigalaw ang feet ko and body konting galaw lang sobrang sakit... one time naligo ako hindi na ko makagalaw need to call my husband to carry me.. anyone here experienced it, if yes ano ginawa nyo? or is there any exercise para mawala.. napansin ko kasi 1 hour or 30minutes lang ako nakatayo or walk umaatake sya.. 😢

Read more

Yes, it's normal to have such unusual cravings. It might be related to iron deficiency. So make sure that you have plenty of iron-rich food. Some good sources are: - Shellfish (e.g. oysters, clam and mussels) - Chicken, turkey, fish, lamb lean beef - Eggs - Cashews - Cooked legumes (e.g. lentils and chick peas) - Green vegetables (e.g. broccoli, spinach, silverbeet) Also, ask you doctor if you need to test your iron levels.

Read more

Apparently, it is quite normal! Craving ice cubes is one of the more popular pregnancy cravings! The intense urge to eat ice cubes during pregnancy is considered to be a form of pica. Pica is a term for craving for non-food items such as clay, chalk, soil, paint chips and plaster. Some studies have found a link between pica and iron deficiency, so maybe ask your doctor about iron supplements.

Read more

I have heard of this, and it has got something to do with having low iron levels. Eat plenty of iron-rich food. Ask your doctor if you need supplements. Do note that, munching on iron might harm your teeth and wear down tooth enamel. It can increase sensitivity to hot and cold foods.

VIP Member

Yup it's called pica, although non nutritious but a common and normal thing for pregnant women. Just make sure to eat a variety foods so that you and the baby stays healthy.

Wooh kahit sinasabhan ako na bawal malamig wag ka mag papak ng ice pero ndi ko mapigilan bukod sa mainit na pakiramdam ang sarap pag na bbrake mo ung ice mo sa ngipin mo hahaha

4y ago

same feeling pag hnd malamig iniinom q nasusuka aq

yes.. I'm not a cold drinker but now that I'm on my 20th week I like drinking cold beverages. it makes me feel good.