20 weeks

Hi all, I am 20 weeks & always want to munch on ice. Is it normal? ?

68 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think one of the things that make you reach for cold things is the increase in body temperature. My husband always say that I am a walking heat pad now.

I crave for cold drinks but I try to avoid cause they say can be bad for baby and I will cough easily if too cold then make me feel even more breathless.

Ako din po 20 weeks na pero until now hilig ko padin sa malamig. Lalo may yelo ung tubig na iniinum ko. Dun lng ksi tlga gumiginhawa pakiramdam ko eh.

Yes normal and it’s okay! I did that too. My husband will put ice in insulated bottle and bring it to the room for me to munch. Haha

VIP Member

normal. but this happens when there is a iron deficiency. Have more iron rich food . have more beetroot, spinach , pomegranate.

TapFluencer

When pregnant, women experience many different kinds of cravings. Wanting to munch on ice is your thing so just enjoy it 😉

Yes same here 20 weeks now. I like to drink cold water..

You probably have this condition call pica - linked with iron deficiency. Consult your doctor next time

VIP Member

It’s not raw rice right? If it is then you might be lack if some vitamins. Can check with your gyane

We have all kinds of cravings during pregnancy. Don’t worry, just do it in moderation :)