Water Retention

I am 2 months pregnant. Is normal that I start to have water retention?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I too had the same worry cos my water retention started very early into my pregnancy. It is normal don't worry different body different things. I was so bloated everyone thought I was having twins and by the time I delivered 05 May 2023 I was very heavy. My baby was just 2.9kg but mostly my weight was water retention. Reduce salt n elevate feet up cos it can get very u comfy otherwise just relax n enjoy the journey

Read more

I started having water retention since 5 months preggy which is painful and affected my walking. The pain lessend after I go for prenatal massages, but my water retention continued till I had given birth & had a few sessions of postnatal massages. Everybody tell me it's weird my water retention happened so early.

Read more

possible. thankfully I had it 1 week before delivery but some friends had it as early as in trim2. some ways that I believed helped me: move around a lot, drink lots of water, reduce salt intake, nightly legs lift before sleep

Possible! Though I only started having water retention during mid-2nd-trimester, everyone's bodies are different :) Try elevating your leg during sleep and massage regularly with warm clothe. Hope you feel better!

TapFluencer

I feel you! I also start to get some swelling in my legs even when I’m only 2 months and from what I understand is that people only have them towards the last trimester. Know that you are not alone!

Everyone's different. I had it on my third trimester for a little bit and raised my leg a bit with pillows when i slept. I did see the difference as the feet swells reduced.

VIP Member

possibly. Cut down on too salty food and raise your leg up when you sleep. Might start to get cramps in the leg soon 😂😝

I start to have water retention after I giving birth 🤭. Yes you should cut down on too salty food & raise your leg up 😊

Put on compression socks and elevate your legs. Reduce on salty food and drink more water and you'll be alright!

Yes it’s normal although not many will have.. I’m one that gets at first trimester..