My husband is very possessive. Earlier I used to like it but now I find it suffocating. He says he is being protective. I don't want to hurt him yet want to get rid of the suffocation. How do I handle this?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Thankfully, my husband does not have this kind of nature, else things would have been very difficult for me, as I am a very independent woman. I cannot even fathom, the degree to which it must be frustrating for you to bear with such a thing. But, I suggest, you pick up some job. And if for some reason you cannot then, work part time or join some NGO, or just take your camera or phone and go about exploring the city every other day when you feel it is getting too much to handle. You can start your own picture blog where you can post these pictures and advertise it on your FB or other social media. All I am trying to say is, do something that requires you to be engaged in that particular thing. Be it your hobby, passion, compulsion, because this is the only thing that will help you remain sane and never know in the process you will do something good for yourself.

Read more