My husband vapes in the room.

Hi, my husband is really being inconsiderate or brainless at times, my room is aircon room and window and door is obviously shut all the way, baby is sleeping and he literally just vape in the room, but did not blow the smoke at baby, but i find it really inconsiderate and stupid. As vape has fragrant too, even tho it did not directly blew at baby but i am afraid it will affect baby. When i confronted him, he told me he just woke up and being forgetful. But cmon does he not have brain? He still can tell me " walao i also never blow directly at baby why u being so tense up " I am scared it will affect the baby even it is just this one time.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

ignoring the fact that he forgot he has a baby (good job him), second hand vaping is horrible for your health as well and he should never vape in an enclosed room if he cares about any non smokers in the same room. the fact that he thinks not blowing the smoke at the baby is fine indicates he is an idiot, or he simply doesn't care. I hope he is a good husband and father aside from this incident, but honestly just based on this behaviour... it's a lot of red flags liao

Read more

buy a air purifier.... its about 200plus but i filters the room. my hub vape in the room too and im pregnant but the xiaomi air purifier suck in the dirty air and purifies it. i can hear the air purifier working when he vapes. but he told me he will stop bringing the vape into the room when the baby come. so maybe just ask him not to bring the vape into the room.

Read more
2y ago

sorry but can the air purifier process the dirty air faster than your husband vapes? I seriously doubt that. not even a dyson can.

please show him articles on the potential impacts on the bb, esp when bb is so young. the smoke can linger in his clothes, hand etc even after 2-3hrs. bb and you are the one suffering :( my husband only smokes outside the house, and wears a designated shirt to smoke only. as much as i wish he can just quit, at least he tries to minimise the harm on bb.

Read more
TapFluencer

Hi dear, maybe you can show articles to your husband on the affects on second hand vaping around babies/children and find a way to compromise, maybe ask him to leave the vape at the living room or toiler before bed so when he wakes up, he will vape there, away from the baby. I hope you get to resolve it.

Read more

i think time to sit your husband down and have a good talk: is vaping more important than his kid? if all else fails, move out. that's what I did when left with no choice. husband I can replace. kid I cant.

That is quite ok.

TapFluencer

🥴💕