husband has many female friends, is that normal?

My husband has many female friends. Actually, I've been aware of this since we were dating before marriage. He's genuinely kind, so many girls feel comfortable being friends with him. Initially, I didn't mind and even found it cute. However, as we entered the third year of our marriage, I started feeling somewhat disturbed... especially when he went out to hang out with his friends and they didn't allow him to invite me. I have to admit, his friends aren't very friendly towards me. They barely greeted me on my birthday. I don't like it, and I want my husband to stop being friends with them... am I being overdramatic?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

sharing my story - my husband also has few close female friends. he even commented to me before that one of them knows him the best amongst his friends. one of them also disregard my presence and even asked my hubby go help her carry things when her own fiancé was there. so I threw an ultimatum to my hubby telling him he needs to understand how I feel about his female frens and whether he thinks it's worth it to keep having arguments over these frens or is our marriage more impt. so end up he distanced himself from the frens... though there are times he will say he has no frens coz of me but I will tell him I only dun like when he hangs out w these females and also those frens who are bad influence (smoking, drinking, getting into fights).

Read more