My husband is always sick and I am just so tired of taking care of a sick person. I feel like my life and my child's life is always compromised due to his illness. We can't go out, he can hardly spend time with his child, he's always moping away in pain. Any advice for me to not be so annoyed and more accepting of his illness?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi mama. Sorry that you are feeling this way. I Guess it is also tough on you coz when he falls sick, you shoulder the full responsibility of looking after the kids and chores, in addition to him. I think it depends if it’s a terminal illness or is it just that his immunity is very Low. If it’s a terminal illness, I understand the caregiver fatigue. My dad had cancer and in the last days of his life it was very taxing on the whole family, especially my mum. But looking back, what was the fatigue we felt compared to the pain and indignity of the patient? Once the person is gone, you won’t even be able to spend time with him and will probably regret any resentment you had at the inconveniences caused by his illness (the patient himself does not feel good about it too, having to depend on people and inconvenience others). If it’s just generally poor immunity, perhaps think about how you can resolve it? How about ways to boost his immunity e.g. Supplements? Is he eating and sleeping properly and getting exercise? Ensure proper hygiene so he doesn’t fall sick so easily?

Read more